12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Superintendent to provide overall leadership for on-site field management and administration as it relates to the onsite construction process in planning, coordination and execution of work on time and within budget. Position includes direct supervision of project superintendent, foreman, subcontractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordination and execution of work on time along with direct coordination with clients, design team members, 3rd party consultants, jurisdictional inspectors, etc. Position leads in the establishment of the project parameters as it relates to the onsite work while maintaining a safe work place, enforcing quality control, enhancing client relationships and promoting the company image.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Partner with project team and EHS Managers on supporting DAVIS’ #1 priority – safety.
- Be part of a team environment and set the tone to impact the project and greater good of the DAVIS culture and success for all
- Lead project teams including interactions with subcontractors, owners, architects, inspection agencies and other key players
- Partner with excellent team of dedicated project management and field supervision staff
- Mentor the next generation of DAVIS Field Staff
- Collaborate with support groups like Scheduling, Virtual Construction and Quality for project success
- Have ownership of the job by setting the tone and course of the job based on project needs and individual management style
- Work with well-respected and best ranked architects and key players in the DC metro area on one-of a kind jobs
- Utilize cutting edge technology for reality capture, layout engineering, quality, safety, and increased productivity
- Develop, implement, maintain, and direct the schedule with an emphasis on Lean Construction utilizing pull planning, last planner and other innovative efforts
- Year-round opportunities for knowledge sharing and mentorship within the field leadership of DAVIS
Here’s who you are: (required)
- At least four (4) years supervisory construction experience
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Knowledge of and ability to learn technical systems and processes
- Initiative, self-motivation, decision making and appropriate level of commitment to the job
- Effectively manage and mentor team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with general understanding of technology as it relates to the role.
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Project Management and Scheduling Software experience
- Drive to work hard and complete the project
- Ability to adapt and problem solve in various situations
- Leadership experience with effective and consistent communication
- CPR + OSHA 30
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.