12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Quality Manager will partner with the Operations teams within the Quality Management Group to implement and assist with quality management programs throughout the organization. This position works with operations staff to ensure consistent implementation across all company projects. This position comes with an Auto Allowance.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Participate in and lead as needed quality-related portions of project meetings including, but not limited to, pre-installation meetings, project kick-off meetings, mock-up review meetings, first installation inspections, subcontractor weekly meetings, specification reviews, owner progress meetings and others as deemed necessary to manage the quality performance of projects
- Build strong internal relationships through the promotion / education of DAVIS quality processes
- Participate in project kick-off efforts and ensure the assignment of roles and responsibilities related to Quality Management
- Complete the monthly project evaluations process to ensure identification of project trends, areas for improvement, and the need for additional resources to support operations
- Assist with quality incident investigation, documentation, and establish lessons learned • Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols and procedures
- Project specific tasks may include:
o Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
o Provide QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project’s established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
o Conduct preinstallation, first installation and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work. Verify that checklists are being used and signed off prior to the placement of concrete, steel and other similar items of work
- Schedule, document the results of, and maintain a log of all code and independent inspections that are required
- Conduct periodic follow-up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract
- documents and the approved submittals o Coordinate and document the testing and
- commissioning of building systems
- Document final inspections, certificates of occupancy and acceptance of the works and various phases thereof
- Assist Project Teams for milestone planning for specific high risk instillations
- Assist Project Teams for milestone planning templates for specific high-risk installations
Here’s who you are: (required)
- A minimum of Five (5) years of construction related experience*
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience*
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction project management, including general safety standards*
- Ability to travel to project sites for meeting and collaboration with the project teams*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Experience with Inspection Management Systems (Procore, BIM 360 Field, Plan Grid)
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSH
- Ability to travel to project sites to meet and collaborate with Project Teams
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Multi-family/Residential Construction experience
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing and laboratory protocols and procedures.
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.