12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking Project Managers who are responsible for assisting the Project Management Team with the daily management and execution of the construction process. Project Managers will assist with safety management, quality, cost management, contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding and contract administration functions to ensure successful completion of the project, both timely and within budget.
Here is what you get to do:
- Partner with project team and EHS Managers on supporting DAVIS’ #1 priority – safety.
- Lead project teams including interactions with subcontractors, owners, architects, and other key players
- Participate in a variety of Market Sectors within commercial construction including Office Base Building + Interiors, Multi-Family Residential, Renovation, Education, Healthcare and more
- Collaborate with Project Management and Field Supervision teams on execution of project through various different stages.
- Mentor the next generation of DAVIS Project Management
- Collaborate with support groups like Scheduling, Virtual Construction and Quality for project success
- Work with well-respected and best ranked architects and key players in the DC metro area
- Partnership of the job with Field Supervision
- Work with great field staff on work plans and team collaboration
- Year-round opportunities for networking and volunteering in the communities we work in
Here is who you are: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field or equivalent experience
- Success with business development and emphasis on relationships with trade partners, clients, and design team
- Knowledge of and ability to learn technical systems and processes
- Effectively manage and mentor team members
- Experience negotiating subcontract terms and conditions
Here is what we love for you to have: (preferences)
- LEED Certification
- Project Management and Scheduling Software experience
- Drive to work hard and complete the project
- Ability to adapt and problem solve
- Leadership experience with effective and consistent communication
- CPR + OSHA 30
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.