12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Estimating Manager is responsible for leading the overall management of the bid process for a project. The role is responsible for understanding the deliverables, developing a work plan, and identifying resources required, while coordinating with MarComm and the Operations team to ensure compliance with the Request for Proposals (RFP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Lead bid / GMP assembly with minimal guidance
- Quantity takeoff – proficiency and efficiency in takeoff software
- Scope writing and qualification development – proficient in divisions 3 – 16 (including division 2 for Base Building)
- Collaborate with the project team in establishing comprehensive scopes of work incorporating operations standards
- Manage all bid day activities including compiling all deliverables and submitting response
- Lead and coordinate scope writing (Scope Matrix) and qualification development
- Manage and coordinate divisions 2, 15, 16
- Lead constructability reviews
- Lead the development of specific systems analyses and creation of Value Engineering and Alternates lists / logs
- Maintain subcontractor / supplier relationships
- Strategically identify and align the most qualified subcontractors for the market sector and scope
- Strategy development for GMP’s and competitive bids
- Ability to manage the overall document distribution process (RFI’s, Addenda, etc.)
- Ability to distribute documents without support of an administrative assistant
- Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure the database is current with prequalified subcontractors
- Research and compile historical data for use in future budget preparation and competitive bids
- Assemble lessons learned from the Subcontractor buyout process
- Participate in project meetings and client presentations as required
- Attend pre-bid meetings and lead subcontractor walk-throughs
- Develop agenda and lead project kick off meetings
- Responsible for subcontractor / supplier coverage and effective communication and management
- Counsel, educate and coach staff to help them develop necessary job skills
- Work closely with assigned Operations, ICG, CRG and other IM+D team members
- Participate in the creation of proposal response documents
- Assist in the development of project schedules and approach strategies; coordinate with assigned Integrated Construction Group team members for 4D development
- Participate in the development of phasing, sequencing and site logistics strategies
- Build relationships with clients, design team, and subcontractors
- Actively participate in networking events / organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS Common Attributes
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction management, including safety, quality and sustainability standards*
- Ability in developing good relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in estimating for commercial construction*
- Solid presentation experience*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Experience estimating with a variety of building types
- Quantity Take-off software experience (On Screen Take-off or Sketch-up preferred)
- Pdf editor software experience (Brava or Bluebeam preferred)
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.