12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Electrical Estimator receives project plans and scope of work documentation, reviews them and prepares cost estimates that ensure the scope of work contained in the Request for Proposal has been covered. This position will assist with the project through completion and participate in a close-out meeting to ensure that feedback is reflected in future estimates.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Coordinate and assist the project team in establishing the project scope and standards of construction projects
- Distribute bid documents to ensure complete and competitive prices from subcontractors
- Gather, calculate and compile data for use in bid proposal estimates Review drawings for constructability
- Maintain Estimating database with current subcontractors
- Assist with the conceptual estimating, including quantity takeoffs
- Attend design meetings, team meetings and bid day pricing
- Build relationships with subcontractors and design teams
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Pricing experience and reviewing vendor quotations*
- Presentation experience*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Commercial / Residential construction industry experience
- Blueprint Reading experience
- Four (4) to ten (10) years of applicable industry experience*
- Quantity take-off experience using “On Screen Take Off”*
- Detailed scope writing experience (especially Divisions 16-18)*
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.