12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Director of Risk Management is responsible for creating and managing comprehensive corporate insurance programs with a concentration on risk identification for all company divisions and subsidiary companies, and ultimately determining the appropriate risk transfer, risk retention and risk financing techniques in conjunction with corporate culture and corporate tolerance for risk.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Oversee the design and management of annual corporate casualty and property insurance renewal process, including selection and management of broker partners, approval of final market submissions, determination of program structures, and selection of appropriate coverages and retention levels
- Oversee and facilitate communication to executive management, operations personnel and subsidiary companies on a continual basis to analyze operational risks and the potential impact of any core business changes to the corporate risk management profile
- Develop and communicate allocations of insurance costs among operating company divisions and subsidiary companies; establish appropriate insurance billing rates for divisions and subsidiaries
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and financial reports for executive management analyzing annual insured and uninsured premiums, financial performance of insurance programs, pricing trends within insurance marketplace, and peer benchmarking
- Review insurance specifications contained within proposed contracts and provide recommendations to bid team, legal, and operations regarding optimal language, risk transfer strategies, potential uninsurable risks, and overall insurance pricing options; negotiate terms directly with clients, lenders or their representatives
- Establish insurance requirements for boilerplate Subcontract Agreements; negotiate or approve negotiated amendments and variances; establish criteria and manage teams responsible for subcontractor certificate of insurance review process; coordinate and manage procurement of builder’s risk insurance coverage on all projects
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Minimum of 8 years in Risk, with increasing responsibilities in a risk department
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and utilized these skills in a support role
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Risk Management experience with a General Contractor or Commercial Real Estate firm
- CPCU, ARM, CRIS and other applicable insurance industry designations
- Experienced participant in loss control and safety activities, preparation of loss analyses, and promotion of loss prevention efforts with EHS Department and Quality departments
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.