12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Yard Technician to support our field operations at our construction sites. Primary responsibilities include the tracking, inspection, maintenance, delivery / pick-up of tools and materials to our jobsites and Yard warehouse operations.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Take requests for tools, equipment and materials from jobsites and communicate availability of items to request
- Pull tools, equipment and materials from designated warehouse location for delivery to jobsites; ensure all appropriate equipment accessories (i.e. safety related items, bits, blades, attachments specialty tools, etc.) are included for use in operation of equipment
- Load/Unload tools, equipment and materials on to truck and make deliveries to designated locations; ensure safe transport by properly securing loads, observing weight limitations, height restrictions and all motor vehicle operations laws
- Coordinate / perform the unloading of tools, materials and equipment at delivery location; review safe, proper operating instructions with person responsible for the equipment at the location
- Arrange for the repair of equipment and tools, as needed by outside vendors
- Aid ensure that the yard has the right tools, materials and equipment needed by DAVIS jobsite operations
- Follow a maintenance plan for all tools and equipment, and assist in ensuring that it is enforced
- Maintain and foster relationships with outside vendors
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Possess a clean driving record*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Advanced understanding of tools, equipment and materials utilized at commercial construction jobsites including routine maintenance and ability to instruct safe operating procedures*
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience in Construction*
- Follow all yard safety protocols including safe operation of forklift
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above-described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.