12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Sitework Estimator who receives project plans and contract documentation, reviews it, makes trade partners list, and sends bid invitation. Prepares scope of work and cost estimate. Procure trade partners bids and analyze for the responsible low bidder.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Assist with bidding and budgeting including quantity take off and bid scope preparation
- Gather, calculate, and compile data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Exposure to demolition, excavation, deep foundations, sheeting and shoring, wet utilities, asphalt paving, site concrete, pavers, and landscaping
- Project site visits for potential DAVIS projects and conduct pre-bid meeting with trade partners
- Opportunity to work alongside an experienced team while improving knowledge of all aspects of sitework and deep foundations
- Review drawings for constructability and submit request for information (RFI’s) to the owner/architect
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Experience with AGTEK Earthwork Software or similar
- Knowledge of Bluebeam and/or On Screen Take-off
- 5+ years experience with Quantity Take-off, earthwork, sitework and deep foundation
- 5+ years previous construction sitework estimating, engineering, or sitework management experience
- Pricing experience of detailed estimate/budget
- Knowledgeable of contract document review, specification, and geotechnical report review
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on engineering or architecture
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Experience with reviewing and environmental reports
- Ability to develop strong relationships with local trade partners
- 5+ years of increased responsibility combining sitework, fieldwork and project management
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.