12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Office Services Assistant performs a variety of tasks related to assisting the mailroom operation and other administrative support duties. This is a physical job that requires climbing under tables to set up AV cables and lifting up to 50 pounds of paper.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Receive, sort and separate incoming mail and stamps outgoing mail
- Accept incoming package deliveries from FedEx, UPS, and Courier and record on daily log Prepare and schedule pickup for courier packages
- Set up common spaces for events, as needed. Moving tables and chairs into event spaces.
- Assist with the coordination of office space for new and existing employees
- Assist in maintaining office supply inventory
- Maintain stock of supplies in copy and conference rooms
- Maintain supply of food in the DAVIS Diner and coffee in kitchens throughout the building
- Ensure DAVIS kitchens and copy rooms are well stocked, orderly and clean
- Distribute checks to subcontractors
Here’s who you are: (required)
- A can-do attitude with the desire to learn office services
- Ability to climb under tables and lift 50 pounds and use a dolly
- Work on site at our Rockville headquarters.
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Experience in a Mailroom
- Able to deliver mail and packages to all 4 floors of DAVIS with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.