12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Systems Engineer to be responsible for supporting the Systems Manager with the planning, implementation, administration, and support of all information systems utilized in the main office and project site locations.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Manage cloud solutions for medium-large scale business
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Exposure to heavy virtualization and adopting Microsoft automation processes
- Stage, configure and install pc, mobile, and peripherals
- Leverage expertise with technologies such as SCCM, Endpoint Manager, Group Policy, InTune, Active Directory and PowerShell
- Pilot software licensing, installation and upgrades to server, network and desktop equipment
- Serve as an escalation point for Tier 2+ items
- Develop documentation to support projects, programs, and system configurations
- Maintain and foster relationships with outside technology consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for products and services
- Document reported problems in the Help Desk database and follow up with end users to ensure timely resolution of problems/work orders
- Provide support both in-person and remotely, to include multiple offsite locations
- Provide support and training to all end users utilizing the network with remote access and in office access
- Visit construction project sites to provide in-person support beyond the Headquarters office
Here’s who you are: (required)
- 3-8 years experience supporting a domain infrastructure
- Minimum 1 year working with M365
- Fundamental understanding of Image creation, maintenance, testing and deployment.
- Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
- Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and show initiative to take on responsibility when not asked
- Decision making, research and strong analytical problem-solving skills with root cause analysis to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Here’s what we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, or related field or demonstrated experience in providing information technology support
- Customer service attitude
- Cloud certification (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.