12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the Business Solutions Manager with the planning, implementation, administration and support of all information systems utilized in the main offices and jobsite locations for DAVIS Construction and subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Responsible for administering program management in areas such as: Assets, Security Awareness, License Compliance, Education, Functionality and Enhancements, Disaster Recovery, Jobsite Support, Vendor and Contracts
- Manage hardware staging, configuration, and installation of equipment and peripherals
- Manage software licensing, installation and upgrades to server, network and desktop equipment
- Develop documentation to support projects, programs and system configurations
- Maintain and foster relationships with outside technology consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for products and services
- Act as 2nd Tier support for escalated help desk items
- Document reported problems in the help desk data base and follows up with end users to ensure timely resolution of problems / work orders
- Provide support both in-person and remote, to include multiple offsite locations
- Provide support and training to all end users utilizing the network with remote access and in office access
- Participate in projects and annual Budgeting process
- Adhere to and reinforces corporate security policies and industry best practices in day to day operations and interactions with end users
- Serve as a liaison between software vendors, operations and corporate resource group staff for issue resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS Common Attributes
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure. Because of this, DAVIS requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, DAVIS will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math or related field or demonstrated experience in providing information technology supporting*
- Expertise in with installing, configuring and troubleshooting desktop OS issues along with MS Office and other desktop applications*
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and show initiative to take on responsibility when not asked*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- Understanding of corporate VoIP PBX systems (Microsoft Skype for Business)
- Strong desktop support skills
- Customer service oriented attitude
- Possesses strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.