12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
This is a great opportunity to develop key skills in an office or on-site construction environment at one of the largest General Contractors in the DC area. Working with your assigned project team, daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following items:
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Practice and champion safety procedures
- Process submittals
- Submit RFI’s
- Develop transmittals
- Write scopes of work
- Compile O&M manuals
- Prepare change orders
- Review shop and contract drawings
- Attend owner and subcontractor meetings
- Organize and execute punch lists
- Take progress photos
- Perform other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently
- Superior communication skills; organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Currently pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Safety Sciences or related field
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.