12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Senior Estimating + Preconstruction Engineer responsible for assisting the preconstruction and estimating teams in pursuing work through the development of proposal responses, providing preconstruction services, preparing competitive bid responses, and compiling Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) presentations for negotiated projects.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Assist in making development projects progress to the construction phase
- Collaborate with Project teams to assist with establishing comprehensive construction cost estimates and final pricing packages incorporating operations standards
- Participate in budget/bid assembly
- Write scopes and develop qualifications
- Solicit and review bids from trade partners and material suppliers
- Analyze submitted responses to identify missing scope, listed qualifications, noted exclusions and work to compare equivalent bid submissions
- Secure sufficient trade partner coverage by effective communication and management
- Opportunity to perform quantity take off for a variety of building components and systems
- Influence the project design to meet owner goals
- Be part of a team environment and set the tone to impact the project and the greater good of the DAVIS culture and success for all
- Year-round opportunities for networking and volunteering in the communities we work in
- Grow trade partner relationships
Here’s who you are: (required)
- 3+ years’ experience in estimating or preconstruction for commercial construction in a variety of a market sectors.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Onboarding will take place in our Rockville office and will be hybrid thereafter
- Plan reading experience
Here’s what we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Experience presenting pricing information to clients.
- Experience in Construction and Estimating with knowledge of local GC's and subcontractors.
- Strong understanding of local pricing
- Ability to build strong relationships with local trade partners.
- Quantity Take-off software experience (On Screen Take-off or Sketch-up preferred)
- PDF editor software experience (Brava or Bluebeam preferred)
- Experience estimating and providing preconstruction for Healthcare, Life Science or Multi-family projects
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.