12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
RECRUITER – COLLEGE + UNIVERSITIES
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Recruiter to join our team, who will be largely focused on hiring new talent from colleges and universities. We have strong relationships with several colleges and universities and hire a significant number of interns and entry-level college hires each year.
Here’s What You Get to Do:
The Recruiter – Colleges + Universities will lead the recruiting efforts, and carry out DAVIS recruiting strategy, while building and maintaining relationships with our university partners, professors, clubs, and students.
- Partner with HR and Executive Leadership to develop recruiting strategy and plans to recruit the best and the brightest to DAVIS.
- Lead the recruiting efforts at the colleges and universities by partnering with DAVIS team members assisting with university engagement and recruiting on campus. Create and foster relationships with college and university Career Services departments, professors, professional organizations, social groups, and students to promote the DAVIS brand to attract and recruit qualified candidates.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Communications team to create social media campaigns, advertisements, and website updates to bolster the on-campus recruitment efforts.
- Manage the DAVIS Internship Experience, our summer internship program – an enriching 12-week program that provides on the job experience to students with the intention of making offers for Interns to join DAVIS full-time after graduation
- Assist with other recruiting efforts in-between the college recruiting seasons (fall and spring)
Here’s Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Direct knowledge and experience of the college recruiting process
- Three or more years of college recruiting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective interaction at all levels within the organization
- Effective leadership skills, leading both projects and people
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time in the college recruiting seasons (fall and spring)
What We Love for You to Have:
- Experience with various sourcing tactics, such as social recruiting, and excellent relationship-building skills
- Current relationships with college and university staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
- Construction industry experience (preferred)
For all employees, we value the following attributes:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure. Because of this, DAVIS requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, DAVIS will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.