12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Pursuit Coordinator provides critical support for the project procurement process and pursuit of new business. Overall responsibilities include ensuring brand continuity for DAVIS through collaborative and detail driven proposal and presentation coordination. Must champion + maintain DAVIS’ brand standards across the board.
ESSENTIAL DUTES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Champion the DAVIS culture
- Manage the pursuit process (qualifications, proposal and presentation) for smaller, less complicated response packages
- Assist in the development of response materials for larger, more complicated pursuits
- Write and develop content as a part of the RFQ / RFP / RFB process
- Understand RFP / RFQ requirements to ensure compliance and from which a list of deliverables can be derived
- Stay current with DAVIS project experience, business operations and personnel and understand DAVIS’ services, differentiators, and history
- Disseminate information regarding proposal deadlines, interview times and locations to relevant parties – help keep market sector groups on task
- Perform data entry relevant to client, employee, project and opportunity tracking within CRM database
- Provide editing and proof-reading support
- Coordinate and update templates, checklists and boilerplate documents to support the proposal development infrastructure and maintain proposal quality management
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS COMMON ATTRIBUTES
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure. Because of this, DAVIS requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, DAVIS will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*Solid understanding of A / E / C industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing or Construction related field*
- At least two (2) years of previous experience; preferably in Construction from which comparable knowledge and skills can be utilized*
- Superior skill level + experience using MS Office 2010, various graphics and presentation programs (i.e. Adobe CS6 / Cloud, Acrobat 9 Pro, Prezi)*
- Experience writing, editing, and proof-reading proposals and technical materials*
- Strong A / E / C technical writing experience, but able to offer a different perspective
- Experience with GSA proposal forms and other technical government proposal preparation
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and / or LEED accredited
- Interest in sustainability and community service
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.