12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Project Scheduler who would be responsible for providing technical support and education to the operations staff in critical path method (CPM) scheduling at the project level, and to assist in developing schedules for presentations and proposals.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Participate in the planning process with project teams
- Take the lead or assist in ensuring sound planning
- Provide schedule development support
- Monitor progress and identify areas of concern related to schedule
- Provide schedule software support for problem solving and trouble shooting
- Lead in the creation and deployment of scheduling best practices
- Lead and develop creative construction strategies
- Analyze scheduling practices across all DAVIS market sectors
- Be part of a team environment and set the tone to impact the project and the greater good of the DAVIS culture and success for all
- Help grow the Scheduling Department in support of DAVIS’ corporate growth
Here’s who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience in construction project scheduling
- Possess prior construction field experience
- Understanding of critical path method scheduling
- Experience using Primavera
- Able to read and understand construction plans, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Can work independently, but also in a team environment
- Time management focused on meeting project deadlines
- Able to utilize decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills
Here’s What we love for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Planning
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or Project Manager Professional (PMP) certifications
- Microsoft Project experience
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.