12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking an Assistant Layout Engineer to perform engineering duties including coordination, layout, quality control and monitoring utilized in the in planning, and construction of our projects.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Perform basic surveying functions using measuring tape, plumb bob, chalk lines, carpenters’ level, square, survey prisms, tribrach, tripods, pole and builders level
- Perform intermediate functions using data collector in conjunction with manual and robotic total stations
- Access to Pix4D, StructionSite 360, and future innovative technologies which help to make field engineering more accurate
- Opportunity to work independently meeting individual goals for the success of the entire project team
- Opportunity to work alongside an experienced Field Engineer while using cutting edge technology
- Solve technical challenges to eliminate future project issues
- Be part of a team environment and set the tone to impact the project and greater good of the DAVIS culture and success for all
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills
- Basic mathematic skills and ability to do conversions (English to metric etc.)
- Ability to work in the elements and in an office environment
- Poses strong computer skills
- Proficient at reading and understanding contract drawings, including but not limited to both structural and architectural drawings, with the ability to cross coordinate between the two documents as needed
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Practical construction experience
- Associate or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Surveying, or a related field preferred
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.