12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Associate Counsel provides legal support to the on-going operations of DAVIS. This position will collaborate with project teams to ensure compliance with company policies and programs, to identify and resolve issues and disputes and provide advice concerning legal rights, obligations, and privileges of the company. This position is in office for the first 6 months and hybrid thereafter.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Perform responsibilities in alignment with DAVIS’ core values of trust, excellence in service, inclusion, integrity and building relationships
- Perform review of contracts (corporate and project-specific) and recommend modifications where necessary and participate in negotiations as needed
- Advise General Counsel to identify and resolve legal issues and to provide ongoing counsel
- Monitor, research and analyze developments in areas of the law relevant to the business
- Assist with creation and implementation of educational materials on legal issues for various departments
- Coordinate with outside counsel resources on a case-by case basis
Here’s who you are: (required)
- College Degree & J.D.
- Member of a State Bar
- At least two (2) years of legal experience either at a law firm or in-house
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with drafting and negotiating legal documents
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Legal experience in construction, federal government contracting and/or litigation
- Experience collaborating with and adapting to a variety of departments
- Desire to grow a legal career within an in-house corporate team
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.