12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Financial Accountant to perform a variety of tasks related to the accounts payable, cash management, and general ledger processes of the accounting department including overall financial support to internal and external parties.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Create general ledger account reconciliations monthly
- Prepare bank and daily cash reconciliations and resolve outstanding issues
- Prepare financial statements for other business units
- Review pending invoice report and identify items to be resolved
- Perform functions related to financial aspects of corporate fleet of vehicles
- Reconcile vendor statements and prior balances on invoices to ensure accounts remain up to date
- Create fixed assets records in FAS and reconcile FAS depreciation schedules to general ledger
HERE’S WHO YOU ARE: (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- A Minimum of Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in Finance including owning the reconciliation and month end closing.
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Strong Excel capabilities and experience working with an ERP
HERE’S WHAT WE LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE: (PREFERENCES)
- Experience with Account Analysis
- Experience working in an Accounting team of similar size (15-20 people)
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.