12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Quality Manager will partner with Operations teams and collaborate with others within the Quality Management Group to implement and assist with quality management programs throughout the organization. This position works with operations staff to ensure consistent implementation across all company projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Partner with the Corporate Knowledge Center in the development and delivery of course content related to Quality Management practices
- Participate in project kick-off efforts and ensure the assignment of roles and responsibilities related to Quality Management
- Participate in and lead as needed quality-related portions of project meetings including, but not limited to, pre-installation meetings, project kick-off meetings, mock-up review meetings, first installation inspections, subcontractor weekly meetings, specification reviews, owner progress meetings and others as deemed necessary to manage the quality performance of projects
- Assist with corporate implementation of project specific quality management plans, including follow up with operations project teams
- Complete the monthly project evaluations process to ensure identification of project trends, areas for improvement, and the need for additional resources to support operations
- Build strong internal relationships through the promotion / education of DAVIS quality processes
- Support use by project team members of the DAVIS inspection templates
- Assist in monthly Quality audits and provide technical assistance to project teams in the correction of deficiencies as needed
- Support protocols for first installation inspections by project team members as work begins in the field
- Support project teams to ensure effective use of mock-ups
- Assist with quality incident investigation, documentation, and establish lessons learned
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols and procedures
- Project specific tasks may include:
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Provide QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project’s established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preinstallation, first installation and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work. Verify that checklists are being used and signed off prior to the placement of concrete, steel and other similar items of work
- Schedule, document the results of, and maintain a log of all code and independent inspections that are required
- Conduct periodic follow-up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract documents and the approved submittals
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Document final inspections, certificates of occupancy and acceptance of the works and various phases thereof
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS COMMON ATTRIBUTES
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction project management, including general safety standards*
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands when working in both a team based collaborative environment and independently*
- Ability to travel to project sites for meeting and collaboration with the project teams*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience*
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of construction related experience*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Experience with Inspection Management Systems (Procore, BIM 360 Field, Plan Grid)
- Obtain and maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.