12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Project Scheduler is responsible for providing technical support and education to the operations staff in critical path method (CPM) scheduling at the project level, and to assist in developing schedules for presentations and proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Provide schedule development support in the following areas:
- Assist in developing activity level of detail, definition, and duration
- Assist in developing activity sequencing
- Develop activity coding, grouping, and work breakdown structure
- Identify, track, and validate critical and near critical paths
- Create formats and filters for communicating schedules (i.e. reporting, network diagrams, Gantt charts, and milestone charts)
- Have a basic understanding of subcontractor’s scope of work and sequencing to facilitate schedule discussions with major subcontractors
- Analysis of schedules to recognize potential duration and logic issues
- Assist the project team in the creation of project strategies and site utilization plans
- Monitor progress and identify areas of concern related to schedule including:
- Updating schedules to reflect changes in sequence of the work
- Updating schedules with actual vs. planned dates
- Update progress in schedules based on construction site visits
- Have a basic understanding of when work is being preformed out of sequence or is behind schedule and determine reasons for the change and / or delay
- Assist in schedule discussions with major subcontractors on project
- Provide schedule software support for problem solving and trouble shooting
- Lead in the creation and deployment of scheduling best practices including:
- Encourage the use of and compliance with established DAVIS best practices
- Assist in the preparation of proposal schedules and presentation graphics
- Assist in developing creative construction strategies
- Analyze scheduling practices across all DAVIS market sectors to including:
- Conduct basic scheduling reviews with project teams to ensure schedules are being used effectively
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS Common Attributes
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Understanding of critical path method scheduling*
- Basic working knowledge of CPM scheduling applications, including Primavera and Microsoft Project scheduling software*
- Able to read and understand construction plans, specifications, and scopes of work*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
- Minimum five (5) years scheduling experience*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Certified Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) as administered by AACE
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.