12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst – Report Writer. The Business Analyst/ Report Writer will facilitate the review of information requests and help ensure the most effective development of new reporting tools and reports.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Create and produce reports in support of the business
- Promote the use of data analytics and reporting to end users
- Work in a highly collaborative environment working to help identify and create critical intelligence solutions using Power BI, Jasper, SQL SSRS Reports and Dashboards.
- Provide analytical support, analytical data structure and reporting
- Collaborate with end users to design and build reports in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow up and issue escalation occur
- Provide technical consultation including application configuration
- Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications
- Develop strong relationships with end users and business partners. Assists end users with problem resolution, training, and functional support of reporting tools and techniques
- Automate or increase efficiency of existing business intelligence tool outputs
- Serves as a subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with reporting and analysis activities and tools, including ad hoc reporting
Here’s who you are: (required)
- High expertise in at least one software/system design application
- Knowledge and experience with Report Writing tools and support programs/systems such as Power BI, SSRS, Jasper Reports, OLAP or similar
- Understanding of a wide range of interpretive analysis tools (e.g. trend analysis, spreadsheets, comparisons, graphs, summary versus detail charts, drill down, correlations, exception analysis)
- Working knowledge of data analytics, predictive analytics
- Strong understanding of database design and data modeling
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Working knowledge of construction enterprise systems
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL, PowerBI, and/or SSRS, PowerBI preferred
- Experience writing, debugging, and documenting complex queries against relational databases
- 12+ months professional accounting or finance experience
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.