12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DAVIS is seeking a Business Analyst who is responsible for the review, development, and implementation of business process solutions at DAVIS.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Develop, validate and document requirements with project stakeholders using interviews, data analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis
- Identify process inefficiencies as it relates to the business solution
- Participate in development and implementation of new business systems •
- Design and implement custom reports and data queries
- Design security measures to satisfy DAVIS internal requirements and outside compliance where appropriate
- Responsible for administering program management in areas such as: Assets, Security Awareness, License Compliance, Education, Functionality & Enhancements, Disaster Recovery, Project Site Support, Vendor and Contracts
- Serve as a liaison between software vendors, operations and corporate resource group staff for issue resolution
Here’s who you are: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math or related field or demonstrated experience in providing information technology support*
- Five (5) to seven (7) years related IT experience; minimum of two (2) years supporting enterprise applications*
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements*
- Understanding of relation databases and report design*
- Previous ERP experience (as an end user and implementer)*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Must be able to travel to and from project site locations throughout the DC Metro area to provide IT support and transport IT assets, as needed*
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Previous construction industry experience preferred
- Presentation skills to effectively lead classroom education sessions and present business solutions*
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job. Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift/carry/move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment. WORKING CONDITIONS Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions.
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.