12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
DAVIS Construction is the largest general contractor that solely serves the MidAtlantic region, with offices in Rockville, MD and Philadelphia, PA. Voted on by our employees, DAVIS has been consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Washington Business Journal since the program's inception in 2007. At DAVIS, we embrace and value diversity as a strength and are committed to intentionally building a workplace where our employees are provided the necessary support to be successful. We became an employee-owned company in 1990 and still are today, sharing profits with our employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The Assistant Reality Capture Engineer is responsible for documenting existing conditions using the latest technology and software to create deliverables for use by project team members for preconstruction and construction activities.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Promotes capabilities of this reality capture group for business ideation, related design and innovation with internal and external team members
- Provide leadership, direction, and insight in all areas of reality capture, inclusive of the three key steps: capture, compute, and create
- Monitoring the quality of information gathered
- Mentor and provide Reality Capture expertise to less experienced team members.
- Perform 3D capture of as-built conditions for various types of construction projects utilizing Terrestrial Laser Scanners, Robotic Total Stations, Crane Cameras, Small Unmanned Air Vehicle (sUAV), 360 Imagery, and GPS (Ground Positioning System)
- Process field collected data including:
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the data collected
- Registration of datasets collected in the field from terrestrial laser scanning
- Alignment of data collected to project coordinate system
- Creation of accurate deliverables including 2D + 3D drawings, model files, charts, graphs and Floor Deviation maps for utilization by others including the Virtual Construction (VC) group, estimating, operations and external project team partners (owners, design team members and trade partners)
- Coordinate with DAVIS project teams on standard project deliverables and adhere to schedule of upcoming survey assignments and work with team members to prioritize assignments.
- Adhere to schedule of upcoming survey assignments and work with team to prioritize assignments; communicates promptly with Team of any changes in scheduling as necessary
- Perform as part of a UAV team as a Spotter and Remote Pilot
- Support Tower Crane Camera installs
- Assist with the process of installing survey control work for project and perform basic survey functions
- Maintain clean and organized equipment and office files; assists with maintenance of project documents
- Assist with recordkeeping in the form of field notes, sketches, reports and daily logs
- Prepare work areas and inventory of supplies needed for reality capture activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Here’s who you are: (required)
- 2 years of field experience in Construction Operations, Field Engineering or BIM/Virtual Construction on commercial construction projects or prior internship experience(s)
- Understanding of building components
- Knowledge of Reality Capture and VDC processes used in construction
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Degree in Engineering, Math, Applied Science or related field or equivalent experience*
- Maintain understanding of Virtual Construction software and HDS technology (equipment and software) including Leica (Cyclone360, Captivate, RTC360, TS16i), Autodesk (NavisWorks, AutoCAD, Revit), Trimble SketchUp, Drone Deploy, StructionSite
- Advanced ability to produce models using various applications
- Current OSHA 30-hour certification
- Current certifications for First Aid and CPR
Here’s What we love for you to have: (preferences)
- Surveying background is preferred
- GPR experience
- Part 107 Pilots license
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, WE VALUE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors, and external clients
- Team Collaboration– Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can-do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
We are not authorized to use a staffing agency or third-party vendors to fill this position.
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.