12530 Parklawn Drive
Job Position Type
The Assistant Financial Accountant supports the Financial Accountant in a variety of tasks related to accounts payable, cash management, and general ledger processes of the accounting department including overall financial support to internal and external parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements
- Enter all non-contract and overhead invoices into workflow, as directed
- Ensure all invoice compliances are met prior to payment
- Process check requests ensuring all required backup is submitted
- Issue accounts payable checks daily and any additional priority check runs, as directed
- Address vendor inquiries and assist with research to resolve issue
- Prepare daily cash reconciliation
- Review pending invoice report and identify items to be resolved
- Setup new jobs and opportunities in CMiC
- Process corporate credit card payments monthly
- Reconcile vendor statements and prior balances on invoices to ensure accounts remain up to date
- Scan and file W-9 forms received
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS COMMON ATTRIBUTES
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can do attitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Must have the ability to perform in a fast paced environment*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of Accounting experience preferred
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Construction industry and / or Cost Accounting experience preferred
- CMiC software experience
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.