12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland
Job Position Type
The Assistant Environmental Health + Safety (EHS) Manager identifies existing and predictable hazards on the project sites and takes corrective measures to eliminate risk from the project sites.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified in DAVIS core values
- Perform routine walk through inspections of construction areas on small to medium sized projects independently
- Create and distribute Site EHS Audits to project team and subcontractors
- Assemble and deliver project start up safety packages for new projects
- Assist teams in determining project signage and posting needs
- Participate in project prestart safety review with project team
- Lead project prestart safety review with project team
- Lead high hazard trade safety preconstruction meetings on projects
- Prepare and review JHA for high hazard activities
- Conduct crane notebook review
- Complete Monthly Project EHS Assessment
- Review Monthly Project EHS Assessment with project team
- Record man-hours worked each week for all assigned projects
- Provide all information and documentation required on the monthly accident log
- Compile open issues reports and communication for the project teams
- Verify and close all open identified hazards on project sites
- Able to research and collaborate to obtain information for EHS related issues
- Participate in OSHA Inspection
- Conducts personal injury and property damage accident investigations; compile data, photographs, and other necessary documentation for reporting purposes; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, and local regulations associated with accidents
- Work with subcontractors to develop overall satisfactory level of safety compliance on jobsites
- Develop and apply practical solutions for project safety issues with assistance
- Identify special protective and safety equipment needs for projects independently
- Provide environmental safety expertise for projects
- Provide industrial hygiene expertise for projects
- Assist with "Just in Time" onsite education, as well as other DAVIS driven educational initiatives
- Provide instruction for OSHA 30 Hour class
- Provide instruction for in house EHS courses
- Develop EHS Courses and create contact
- Enforce EHS regulations with subcontractor and DAVIS personnel
- Help develop corporate goals relating to company and project level EHS performance
- Lead Advanced EHS Initiatives (i.e. Sub PreQual, Liaison Group, New Hire Onboarding, etc.)
- Classify all DAVIS employee injuries and maintain required OSHA logs and submissions
- Identify and address high risk activities and trends within the company
- Help develop and update corporate and project EHS policies and procedures
- Research of new products
- Recognize and identify future EHS candidates
- Perform other duties as assigned
DAVIS Common Attributes
- Safety – Consistently works within DAVIS safety standards; promotes safety as a priority with coworkers, subcontractors and external clients
- Team Collaboration – Works effectively within their own team and across the organization; promotes team atmosphere and culture; has a positive, can doattitude
- Commitment to Quality – Applies DAVIS standards to produce high quality work on a consistent basis; produces work that is accurate and reliable, actively demonstrates excellence in service; builds and maintains integrity as a core function of their job and in their relationships with others
- Champions DAVIS Business – Consistently markets DAVIS business within the scope of their job; actively seeks and / or supports new business opportunities; actively builds relationships and encourages others to do the same
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job.
Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
- Possess current First Aid, CPR and AED certification*
- Safety Trained Supervisor Certification, or equivalent*
- OSHA 30 and OSHA 500 certifications*
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to employees, subcontractors and clients*
- Decision making, research and analytical problem solving skills*
- Time management with the ability to organize, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands, and to work independently*
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and interact effectively at all levels within the organization*
- MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook experience*
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health + Safety Sciences or related field
- Two (2) years hands on experience in Construction, preferred
This position is located at 12530 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland. View the Google Map in full screen.